Your Rental Agreement with us:
Hirers are requested to read and accept these Terms and Conditions carefully before the hire can take place. If there is anything you do not understand or do not agree with, please speak to us before the hire proceeds.
Whilst every effort will be made to provide the exact make and model reserved, it may be likely that a similar or better vehicle will be offered.
Your driving licence must be produced each and every time you hire a vehicle from us. In addition, you must produce two further means of identification, which must include a utility bill to you at your present address or an official letter to you at your present address.
You will also be required to leave a telephone number where you can be contacted either during the day or evening.
**We reserve the right to refuse your rental if you do not produce your driving licence or ID for any other reason**
All drivers must be in possession of a current, full valid driving licence. UK Licence holders, with the new style driving licence MUST produce both the photo card. Drivers with foreign driving licences must present their own national licence.
In addition to the main hirer, it is possible for two other hirers to be insured to drive the vehicle, provided they meet our insurance requirements. And show us their valid UK license with no higher than 6 points.
We will note on the pre-rental checks the reading of the fuel gauge.
You are requested to return the vehicle with the same amount of fuel as you commenced the rental. A refuelling charge will be made if it is necessary to bring the level of fuel up to where it was when you took the vehicle.
Charges for this will be in line with the price at the pump and you will have it automatically debited from your card. No refund will be given for any fuel in excess of the original reading.
The full cost of rental plus the relevant security deposit must be paid before any vehicle is released for rental. Cleared funds if paying by bank transfer. Confirmation of payment if paying by credit card.
**Cancellations if necessary need to be made in writing to us 48 hours before the hire date. Then a full hire refund can be made. Any cancellations made with less than 24 hours notice will be subject to a charge of the whole hire fee. This is because we will have made logitical plans around your booking**
You must look after the vehicle, and the keys to the vehicle. Lost keys will be charged at £200 per set. You must always lock the vehicle when you are not using it, and use any security device fitted to or supplied with the vehicle.
- You must always protect the vehicle against bad weather, which can cause damage.
- You must make sure that you use the correct fuel, as you are responsible for any resultant damage.
- You must not sell, rent or dispose of the vehicle or any of its parts.
- You must not give anyone any legal rights over the vehicle.
- You must not let anyone work on the vehicle without our permission. If we do give you permission, we will only give you a refund if you have a receipt for the work done.
- You must let us know as soon as you become aware of a fault in the vehicle. Failure to do this may result in further charges due to damage caused by negligence.
What to do if there is an incident or accident:
If there is an incident resulting in any damage to any vehicle we will hold your pre authorisation until the insurers have resolved the issue.
If damage to our vehicle due to an incident is proved to be a 3rd party at fault and all other matters have been cleared with the insurers your pre auth will be refunded.
- Hirers accept full liability for cosmetic and mechanical damaged caused by negligence.
- If you have an incident call us immediately – failure to do so will result in the loss of the security deposit.
- If you have an incident you must not admit responsibility. You should get the names and addresses of
everyone involved, including witnesses. You should also:
Make the vehicle secure;
Tell the police straight away if anyone is injured or if there is a disagreement over who is responsible; and
Call our office straight away.
You must then fill in our incident report form when you return the vehicle. If this is not possible, verbal
details can be taken from you but a copy of the information you have supplied will need to be verified and
signed by you. In either case you must report the incident to us within 24 hours.
Conditions for using the vehicle:
Only you or a named driver on the insurance application may drive the vehicle providing a full valid driving licence is held.
You or your authorised named driver must not:
Use the vehicle for hire or reward. Unless this extension has been applied to your certificate of insurance;
- Use the vehicle for any illegal purpose;
- Use the vehicle for racing, pace making, competitions, rallies, track days, trials or speed tests whether on the road, track, off road, land prepared for such use or the Nurburgring Nordschleife and whether the event is organised or informally arranged;
- Use the vehicle whilst under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs;
- Drive the vehicle outside England, Scotland and Wales, unless we have given you written permission;
- Load the vehicle beyond the manufacturer’s maximum weight recommendations and make sure that the load is secured safely;
- If the vehicle is a commercial vehicle, use it for a purpose for which you need an operator’s licence if you do not have one.
- No towing is allowed
Before you bring back the vehicle you must check that you have not left any personal belongings in the vehicle.
- Vehicles must always be returned back to us during opening hours.
- We will not accept responsibility for vehicles damaged or stolen from outside our premises if dropped-off after hours.
- If we have agreed that you may return the vehicle outside business hours, you will remain responsible for the vehicle and its condition until it is re-inspected by us. Vehicles muse be returned between 9am and 11 am unless otherwise agreed.
- If you do not bring the vehicle back on time you are breaking the conditions of this agreement. We will charge a further £50 per hour if the vehicle runs over the agreed hire period. This charge will continue for every hour thereafter.
You will have to pay for reasonable costs of repair if:
We have to pay extra costs to return the vehicle to its condition when the pre-rental inspection was carried out (for
example, if extra valeting time or special material or equipment is needed to restore the vehicle to its pre-rental
- If the car is returned with an unacceptable state of cleanliness to the interior and/or exterior we will charge you a set £75 valeting charge which will be automatically deducted from your card.
- If the vehicle has been damaged whilst in your care and does not warrant an insurance claim, we will use the pre- authorisation amount to fund the repair to the vehicle.
With prior approval, it may be possible that our vehicles may be taken abroad, although there are restrictions regarding taking them into some countries. A surcharge will apply when taking a vehicle outside the U.K. and extra charges will be applied to provide a Green Card.
We have maintained the vehicle to at the very least the manufacturer’s recommended standard.
- We keep full records of servicing, parts and maintenance work.
- All the cars are attended to by leading professionals at the top of their field.
- If needed all cars are MOT’d (some of a certain age do not require this)
- We assure you that the vehicle is roadworthy and suitable for renting at the start of the rental period.
In addition, if you are not renting the vehicle for business purposes, we are responsible for loss caused by:
The vehicle not matching our description of it;
- The vehicle not being of the quality that you would be entitled to expect from a rental vehicle;
- The vehicle not being fit to drive; or not having the legal right to rent out the vehicle.
- We are responsible if someone is injured or dies because of our negligent act, or failure to act.
- We are also responsible for losses you suffer because of us breaking this agreement. Losses are foreseeable
where you and we could contemplate them at the time the vehicle is rented.
- We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you and us (such as loss of profits or loss of opportunity).
- If a vehicle breaks down we are obliged to offer and deliver a replacement vehicle and to recover the faulty vehicle free of charge. This vehicle may not be the same type but will be of a classic nature.
- We are not obliged to offer refunds in the event of breakdown if a replacement is supplied within good time of you notifying us of a break down.
We are not responsible for loss or damage to property left in the vehicle whilst in the care of the hirer.
We work out charges using our current price list.
You will pay the following charges:
The rental and any other charges we work out according to the agreement;
- Any charge for loss or damage due to you not keeping to your responsibilities;
- A refuelling service charge if you have used and not replaced, the quantity of fuel that we supplied at the start of the original rental. The charge will be based on the current fuel rates;
- All fines and court costs for parking, traffic, or other offences (including any costs which arise if the vehicle is clamped). You must pay the appropriate authority any fines and costs if and when the authority demands this payment. If you do not, you will be responsible to pay our reasonable administration charges, which arise when we deal with these matters on your behalf;
- A loss-of-income charge, when we demand it, if we cannot rent out the vehicle because it needs to be repaired or it
is a write-off (can’t be repaired);
- Any published rates for delivering and collecting the vehicle;
- Interest which we will add every day to any amount you do not pay us on time, at the rate of 4% a year above the base lending rate of Barclays Bank PLC;
- Value Added Tax and all other taxes on any of the charges listed above, as appropriate.
- Miles are capped at 100 miles per 24 hr period and will be charged at £2.00 per mile in excess of that limit. You are responsible for all charges, even if you have asked someone else to be responsible for them.
Ending the agreement:
If you are an individual, we will end this agreement straight away if we find out your belongings have been taken away from you to pay off your debts, or a receiving order has been made against you. We may end this agreement if you do not meet the main requirements of this agreement.
If you are a company, we will end this agreement straight away if:
You go into liquidation;
- You call a meeting of creditors;
- We find out that your goods have been taken away from you until you pay off your debts; or
- You do not meet any of the conditions of this agreement.
- If we end this agreement it will not affect our right to receive any money we are owed under the conditions of this agreement.
- We can also claim reasonable costs from you if you do not meet the main requirements of this agreement. We can repossess the vehicle (and charge you a reasonable amount) without using unreasonable force or causing damage.
You agree that we may use any information you have given us to carry out our own market research. If you break the agreement we can give this information to credit reference agencies, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA), debt collectors and any other relevant organisation. Governing law: The law of the country in which it is signed governs this agreement. Any dispute may be settled in the courts of that country.
If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any Court of competent jurisdiction such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if this Agreement had been agreed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated.
Please note that cover is subject to the expiry date on the cover note. If the date and time is overlapped with the return of the vehicle, contact must be made with the hire company to extend cover to ensure continuation of insurance cover.
The Insurance cover is invalid if hire has been paid for in cash.
In signing this agreement you also agree to all terms and conditions specified and accept that we make take payment from the pre-authorised amount for additional charges and accept the vehicle as described in accompanying documentation.
A security deposit will be required at the time of hire. This will be in the form of a credit or debit card for which we will obtain a pre–authorised code for the surety amount as per rates below.
This is a standard feature of many hire contracts and is intended to encourage hirers to have a financial responsibility for our treasured classic vehicles. Deposits will be refunded to the hirer assuming no damage is caused after a thorough vehicle check by RNG. Usually within 28 days of the end of the hire term.
We reserve the right to increase the security deposit for non-EU drivers and for drivers not satisfying the minimum requirements (subject to referral to our insurers).
**Please Note. For non-UK drivers there is an additional £250 Security Deposit to pay**
|CARS & COSTS||Amount|
|Ferrari 308 GTSi||£2500|
|Jaguar E Type||£2500|
|AC Cobra 427||£1500|
|Rolls Royce Silver Shadow||£1000|
|Mini Cooper Sports||£500|
|Land Rover Big Bertha||£500|
Gift vouchers are to be paid for in full at the time of purchase. Gift vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of issue and are non transferrable. No refund can be issued once a gift voucher has been issued.