If you’re planning to hire a classic car for a special occasion or a weekend getaway, there are a few things you should look out for to ensure that your experience is enjoyable and hassle-free. Here are some key factors to consider:
- Condition of the car: Some of our classic cars are decades old have undergone restorations or repairs. We ask you to make sure you inspect the car carefully before hiring it to ensure that it’s in good condition and has no obvious signs of damage or wear and tear. Our cars are maintained by experts in their field at Jaguar or Rolls Royce for instance. Our Aston Martin is shown all the love by our friends at Autofficina in Surrey and our 356 Speedster by Parr Porsche.
- Insurance coverage: Classic cars are a very valuable appreciating asset and require special insurance coverage which we provide via a bespoke ‘self drive’ cover with the support of our broker Alan Boswell underwritten by Markerstudy. It covers two drivers and more can be added at a cost. The insurance acts fully comprehensively for the driver.
- Rental agreement: Our rental agreement needs to be read carefully and understood, as do the terms and conditions of the rental. We are very clear about what’s included in the rental price, such as mileage limits and fuel charges, and what’s not covered, such as damage or repairs.
- Maintenance and support: Classic cars require regular maintenance and may break down more frequently than newer cars. We provide roadside assistance via our AA fleet policy who can be on scene within an hour at times for any kind of support in case of a breakdown or mechanical issues.
- Driving experience: Classic cars may have different driving characteristics than modern cars. With our handover and familiarisation session pre hire, we make sure you are comfortable driving the car and know how to handle any quirks or idiosyncrasies it may have.
- Availability: Our classic cars are often in high demand, especially during peak rental seasons. (especially our E-Type) Make sure you book well in advance to secure your desired rental dates and avoid disappointment.
By considering these factors and doing your bit too, you can enjoy a memorable and stress-free experience when hiring one of our superb classic cars.